Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Back to source!

Yes, it has been a while since my last blog. I've been travelling the globe fully living, enjoying and experiencing amazing cultures and learning new skills. I've also invested time in myself and my business thoroughly researching new data and information about health, nutrition and wellness (yoga and meditation) that is coming to light everyday.
And I must say that, after 25 years in the health and nutrition industry and working with people who have tried almost everything on the market to reduce their weight. I have come to the conclusion that building health and managing weight is all very simple really. It is us that makes it all so complicated and the choices we make with everything that is thrust at us by advertising and marketing everyday!
The media and society are constantly throwing the newest latest and greatest diet at us. We cut out carbs, count calories, stop eating fats, exercise our butts off and so on.. With so many different diet's, programs, magic pills and fruits, exercise routines, machines and opinions, no wonder we are confused and on the roller coaster of weight loss continually! After trying every new diet, program or pill that comes out that we think will be the answer to our prayers and our weight issues forever only to find your back at square one over and over again. Ahh..left feeling frustrated, depressed, demotivated and other negative emotions that do not serve you or in reaching your results. Each time you fail you send a message to your unconscious mind that you are a failure and your self esteem then takes a beating time and time again! You can imagine this being embedded over and over makes it even more difficult to reach your goals.
At the end of the day, living this way is causing more harm than good to our bodies. By cutting out this and cutting out that, the body is being deprived of important vitamins,minerals and micro nutrients which qre already difficult enough to get from our foods these days, though absolutely necessary for optimum health. If you continue to go down the path of chopping and changing of all the new fads that come available the body will become under nourished and totally out of balance leaving you feeling tired, lethargic, hungry and irritable. Sound familiar?
I have a simple solution. It is called...going back to source, back to nature. No need for deprivation or hard core exercise regimes that leave you exactly where you started!
Now imagine for a moment there are no supermarkets, fast food outlets or convenience stores. What would you eat? You may be thinking...that's ridiculous. Well, to tell you the truth, that's how I think and how I live most of the time. If I can purchase what I need from places other than the conventional way I do. It may seem a little radical though we really don't need these conveniences or food outlets at all when we can simply grow our own food or go to our local farmers market which are in most city and country areas these days. You can buy everything you could ever need for a healthy eating regime outside of the conventional way.
Think about it, if we only ate what was provided to us by mother nature as they pretty much did pre 1900's we would definitely not have the weight issues and/or the shocking diet related health issues we have today.
I believe with all the packaged, convenient fast foods and more chemical grown foods that we consume is causing the majority of the health related problems in the world today. Statistics show that 70% of our Dr's visits are due to nutritional deficiency and 60% of our deaths are due to diet related disease!
So peeps...lets all go back to nature and get off the roller coaster ride forever to a healthier slimmer New You!
https://www.facebook.com/weightfreemind

No comments: